Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One week later....

They must use these words a lot on kids' shows because my girls seem to enjoy saying, "One week later...." or "Two hours later...." I know it's actually a week & a day later. I felt worse as last week progressed, but finally started feeling a touch better this week. Yesterday I was totally exhausted. Today we were on the go from 7:30 til 4:15. Tomorrow should be a "Don't wake me up early unless the house is on fire" kind of day. I DID manage to do schoolwork with the girls yesterday & today made them do math when we got home. They got a brief history/language lesson at our friends' house. Ask them what "That's a feather in your cap" means. I'm trying to not go to the doctor & see if my body can fight this off on its own with the help of Reliv & rest.

2 other things I added to my diet: Flax seed and Melaleuca's Fiberwise. I would get the Fibrestore from Reliv, but it has barley in it, which has gluten. M's version has oats, which are "questionable" on the gluten free diet, but I decided to go ahead & get it. I knew flax seed had some great qualities, but had never used it. Not that I hadn't bought it, I just never used it! Bad, I know. One of my online friends, Karen, told me about mixing ground flaxseed with yogurt or sprinkling it on other foods. She gave me a link with recipes, but I need to go back & find it. Today my friend Kathy gave me a bag of gluten free crackers that also have flax seed in them. She gave me a toilet seat, too, which could be tied into taking fiber & flax seed! LOL! Okay, our toilet seat broke & she had a spare she didn't need, but I thought it was funny to put it in this post. I'm pretty sure I have an audience of 1---and only when I read my own blog!

Off to eat some tater tot casserole & hoping my stone didn't break. I had frozen it & thawed it in the microwave, but some felt very cold still when I put it in the oven. I'm sure tater tot casserole is in the top ten most healthy foods. ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment