Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wow, that was a long break!

If I have anyone reading this blog still, hello! If not, I will just ramble on to myself as a sort of diary. I can't even remember what I posted last time. I think I mentioned that my iron was too high. I need to do a hemocult test (which sounds absolutely yucky) to be sure nothing bad is going on. To do that I have to be off NSAIDS for a week before starting the test. These are meds like aspirin, iburpofen, naproxen & such. I can take Tylenol. The directions say, "Do not eat fresh fruits and vegetables during the test period, especially radishes, beets, and watermelon." First, I think if it says not to eat them it is silly to say especially those...LOL! Second, having had colonoscopies, I know part of the prep for that is no red food for a certain period of time before the test. The tylenol we had is red coated, so I just got some in plain white today. (I told you I was going to ramble, so don't roll your eyes at all these details! ha, ha!)

I've not been using my Reliv faithfully this past week. Partly because another rule is you can only have a certain amount of vitamin C for this test AND I noticed the Reliv is high in iron, so I think that may be causing the test results. Anyway, I was super tired yesterday & today woke up feeling cruddy. It could be from headaches with new glasses (more on that in a moment) and lack of sleep from a swollen arm over the weekend (no clue how I got that). Anyway, I need to take the Reliv, but suppose I should refrain from taking a full dose til this test is over.

I have finally progressed to needing progressive lenses. That means I am old enough to need reading glasses. However, my distance vision is so poor that I need bifocals. The guy at the eye doctor's office kept correcting me when I said bifocals, "These are PROGRESSIVES." Oh, okay. I'm getting used to them, or trying to get used to them. The day I had them made I had to wear some really old "Steve Erkle" style glasses (as my charming 10 year old calls them). I didn't get new frames, so had to drop those off at the office. I wondered if anyone thought I was some crazy lady with these HUGE glasses on! Boy, were we stylish in the 80's & 90's with those! LOL! I think these are not sitting on my face correctly, so probably need some adjusting. THey also feel heavier. I've had to figure out how to move my head and tend to need to move the glasses, making them sit further down my nose. That gives me headaches. I can think of worse fates and am VERY thankful for having glasses. I saw enough people in need in our one year in Africa that I should never be ungrateful. Sadly, I fall right back into the American trap of things not being convenient enough for us. That's a different post for a different day!

I have lost no weight. None. Nada. I haven't tried very hard. I need to exercise again.

I'll try to ramble some more when I have something new to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment