Tuesday, August 21, 2012

58 days and....

I have now finished day 58 of using the Wii and day 12 of the Flat Belly Diet. I'd like to now tell you that I have lost 15 pounds! Yes, I would like to tell you that. However, I haven't. In fact, my weight tonight was back up to just 2 lbs. below my starting weight 58 days ago. I have made some food choices that weren't "on the plan" but stayed within my 1600 calories most days. According to a calorie counter website, that is an "extreme weight loss" amount of caloric intake. I'm certainly burning more calories than I have in the last several years. I'm just not sure why the weight doesn't want to move.

I wonder if having Celiac Disease untreated for so many years, then getting on a gluten free diet to "heal my gut" has left me unable to lose weight easily. Or if the meds I'm taking, which are all known for weight gain, are prohibitive in weight loss.

Today we watched Gone with the Wind. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day." And even better, in the words of the Psalmist, "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment