Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Flat Belly Diet Day 3

For the past 2 days and half of today I have been using the Flat Belly Diet anti bloat diet. During the first 4days of the diet you consume 1200 calories daily along with 2 liters of Sassy Water. This water is just drinking water (tap water for me) with ginger, cucumber, lemon and mint added. If you like flavored water you would likely like this. I love plain old ice water, so I'm gagging on adjusting to the Sassy water. I've been able to cook the same foods for my family as I eat, but they get salt.  I only cook for all of us for supper/dinner (evening meal) during the week. My girls are teenagers so they fend for themselves the other meals. On the weekend I will often make breakfast for the family, so I'll need to find family friendly recipes in the book. After the four days the calories increase to 1600 for me.

While all the foods on this plan are tasty, I can't say I don't miss salt and sugar. By the end of the day I tend to feel hungry. I am trying to be sure I have plenty of water. I have had plain water in addition to the Sassy water.

I haven't noticed a drop in weight yet, but I did notice rings feeling looser. I had my wedding rings cut off 4 or 5 years ago. My rings are a size 4.25! I haven't had them resized because I've wanted to lose weight first. I did buy some super cheap rings at Walmart just so I could look married. They are a size 8. Those are the ones that were feeling loose last night. While my wait hasn't dropped, it also hasn't gone back up to where it was when I first started trying to eat healthier about 2 months ago or so.

One of the claims of this diet is that you don't have to do any "crunches" (when did they go from sit-ups to crunches?), but they do advocate exercising. In fact, during the first 4 days, I am supposed to walk for 5 minutes after each meal. I've been using the Wii Fit for over 40 days so I get on that and do a 5 minute aerobic exercise, either walking or stepping, after the meal.

Tonight we'll have turkey cutlets with roasted red potatoes and green beans. Yum! Then my snack later (because my schedule isn't a normal one) will be a peach smoothie. The smoothies are made with unsweetened frozen fruit and skim lactose free milk. Honestly, it needs some sweetener to really taste good. But, it's tolerable. I love fruit and I do sometimes drink milk, but the milk really takes away the sweetness of the fruit. Maybe I should just eat the fruit & drink the milk! To the smoothie, you add either flax seed oil or you eat a tablespoon of pumpkin or sunflower seeds, unsalted, of course.

I'm hoping by the end of tomorrow I will see a slight change (I'd prefer large, but I'll take slight) in weight and even more looseness, especially in my waistband!

No comments:

Post a Comment