Thursday, July 16, 2009

The "E" word

There are two types of people in this world: Those who think working out is the greatest thing EVER and those who really don't like to be around the first set of people. ha, ha! I went in for my 3 mos. blood draw this past Monday. I don't know the results, but I will on Monday. I know I have not done what I was told to do. At least I HAD not until this week.

This week I found a walking video. That's not a video that walks. It's a video with walking that you can do at home in a small space. I didn't even have that small space in my old house. In the new house, I didn't have it because of boxes, but I took care of that this week and put on that video. I ex.... exer..... exerc..... oh, it's a bad word & I'm not allowed to say bad words, but that thing where you have to actually move around & walking from the fridge to the TV doesn't count. Or to the computer desk in my case (hey, it's upstairs! that should count for something!).

This video came with a belt you put around your waist (okay, where else would you put a belt?). You make it tight (it velcros on). It has resistance bands that hook onto the back of the belt & you use those in your hands from time to time. The first day I actually made it to the 1 mile mark, but I am sure I didn't walk a mile's worth b/c I slowed down towards the end. The second day I was sore. I didn't know my tummy could be so sore from walking! It's that belt that makes the abs work harder. I also was sore in muscles I didn't know existed. Today was day 3 and I did "Mile 2" but at a slower pace much of the time. Those muscles were still not happy with me.

I also decided to try the "D" word. The one where you don't eat as much. I know it's not a life change like using Weight Watchers, but I bought some store brand "Slim Fast" type drinks. They were GF and on sale. I couldn't go wrong with that. I did really well the first day & drank lots of water. Yesterday I did well til night. I had a small bowl of ice cream. Today, well, I had a coke and a candy bar, and later another sweet. BUT, I drank slimfast for breakfast, had a salad for lunch, and had the drink for supper.

The scale hasn't budged one bit. I think someone comes in at night and adjusts it. That has to be it. Hopefully at the doctor's office the scale will be nicer.

I'm still doing the Reliv, so we'll see how it goes!

Until next time, happy exe....and di....., well, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment