Monday, July 20, 2009

The Numbers

I had my follow up check up since talking to the Health Coach the first time in April. The only number I didn't like was my weight. I have only dropped one pound (and the doctor & I think the scale at the other side of the clinic is off b/c it said I had dropped several pounds & now would have gained those back). That stinks. The GOOD news was my cholesterol levels are GOOD! My LDL is 73. It was 90 back in April. Less than 100 is optimal, but the health coach wanted to see mine even lower b/c of asthma. The doctor didn't seem to agree with that when I told her that today. My HDL (good cholesterol) went UP 10 points, which is good. You WANT HIGHER HDL. 60 or above is optimal for women. Mine was at 59 before and now is at 69. I told her (fully expecting to find out the numbers had not changed) that prior to the blood draw I had only been watching my fat/cholesterol intake without added exercise. I did mention that we moved into a house with stairs so I was getting more exercise just due to that. Now that I've actually added exercise, I wonder what my #'s will show.

I'm keeping up with the "slimfast" type drinks and also added a fiber supplement for weight loss. I cannot eat so many of the recommended fiber foods because the grains contain gluten. This supplement has no gluten and uses inulin from vegetables as the main fiber. I'm still making smoothies of some sort with the Reliv products.

I mentioned the Reliv products to the doctor and told her I wondered if anything in that caused my cholesterol numbers to change. I forgot to take the cannister in so she could see the ingredients.

I don't go back again until December & will have a physical at that point. I wonder if they do brain scans. I was hoping she could tell me why mine seems to be missing sometimes. LOL!

I let the girls build a fort in the living room yesterday. It has to come down tomorrow. Until then I have no space for my walking DVD. My computer doesn't have a dvd player in it or I'd set it up here to do. Might even make Phil do this walking workout, too!

Stay well!

No comments:

Post a Comment